Registered & unregistered puppies for sale: Washington, Annapolis, Baltimore, Maryland. Boxers, labs, poodles, beagles, terriers, chihuahua, retrievers, akitas...
Puppy Do's + Don'ts
- Identify your pet with a tag placed on a nylon collar. Tattoos can also be used.
- Take your pet to the vet for yearly checkup and vaccines.
- Spray or neuter your pet, not only to help the serious overpopulation problem, but also to help reduce the chances of cancer. Pets are healthier and happier when fixed.
- Sign up for obedience class for your dog with a professional humane trainer who uses positive reinforcements only.
- Keep your cat indoors. If you take them outside, use a leash.
- Secure all window screens in the house to prevent escape.
- Supervise your dog when he is outside in the yard.
- Praise your pet constantly, especially when they are doing good things like chewing a dog bone.
- Provide safe toys for your pets and play with them everyday. Always supervise your dog with rawhide bones.
- Make sure your dog is fed and watered.
- Brush and groom your pets often.
- Let your pet have a litter for the wrong reasons.
- Leave your dog in the back of an open pickup truck.
- Ride with your window down and let your dog's head hang out.
- Switch your pet's food. If you must change their food, do it gradually.
- Give your pet bones (chicken, pork, turkey, steak, ham, etc).
- Give milk to your pet; it causes diarrhea.
- Give your pet chocolate; it is very toxic.
- Pick up or carry any pet by the back of the neck.
- Use carpet powders or cleaners unless they are recommended safe for pets.
- Try to treat your pet with over-the counter medicine.
- Scream at or hit your pet.
- Leave your dog chained in your yard.
- Keep choker chains on your dog for everyday use. They are for training purposes only.
- Leave poisonous plants around the house.
- Let your pets run freely.
- Leave your pet in a hot car, even with the windows open.